Vinyl Floor Care Tips
- Sweep or vacuum regularly. (Don’t use the beater bar on your vacuum.)
- Wash your floor occasionally with Armstrong Once ‘n Done® Resilient & Ceramic Floor Cleaner.
- For tough cleaning problems, use Armstrong New Beginning® Extra-Strength Floor Stripper.*
*Don’t use New Beginning on grouted Alterna™ engineered stone. Floor strippers will degrade the acrylic grout.
- When moving appliances or heavy furniture, lay a plywood panel on your floor and “walk” the item across it to prevent scuffs and tears.
- Use Armstrong Floor Protectors on furniture legs to reduce indentations.
- Place a natural or colorfast mat at outside entrances to reduce the amount of dirt and moisture brought into your home.
- Purchase Armstrong floor care products and floor protectors at your local flooring store or home center.
- Don’t use detergents, abrasive cleaners, or “mop and shine” products, as they may leave a dull film on your floor.
- Don’t use paste wax or solvent-based polishes.
- Don’t use highly abrasive scrubbing tools.
Low Gloss Floors
To restore the shine and protect the finish on low gloss and ultra-low gloss vinyl floors, use Armstrong Satinkeeper® Resilient Low Gloss Floor Finish.
High Gloss Floors
To restore the shine on high gloss vinyl floors, use Armstrong Shinekeeper® Resilient Floor Finish.